B E F O R E
The best way to help couples is to get them started on the right track.
BEFORE addresses six topcs research suggest are important for premarital couples.
- Assessing the background of your relationship and how you currently relate to each other
- Feedback on from the PREPARE® computer assessment and discussion of couple strengths and growth areas
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Finances, inlaws, and parenting
- Sexual intimacy
- Commitment and spiritual intimacy
Six hour long sessions with the couple and a counselor. Can be completed in block format (when the wedding is soon) or spread over a longer period of time.
Several couples meeting together to prepare.
A bunch of couples…
Research proven relationship evaluation
OR try the new SYMBIS Assessment
Free Follow-up Session
A free session with a counselor 9-12 months after the wedding. A great opportunity to check in and make sure all is well.
Certificate of Completion
BEFORE meets GA code qualifying you to pay only $16 for a Georgia Marriage License (instead of $56).
Seven sessions, PREPARE®, and all content for less than the cost of six counseling sessions.
Why use the PREPARE®?
Our counselors are trained in using the PREPARE® couples assessment tool. Over the last 30 years, the PREPARE® relationship assessment has empowered and energized more than 3 million couples. It is the #1 premarital inventory and couples assessment tool. The PREPARE assessment will help you explore strenght and growth areas as it assesses these areas of your relationship:
- 12 Relationship Scales — communication, conflict resolution, roles, sexuality, finances, spiritual beliefs, and more
- 5 SCOPE Personality Scales
- 4 Couple and Family Scales — based on Circumplex Model
- 4 Relationship Dynamic Scales
- 30 Customized Scales
Why use the SYMBIS Assessment?
The SYMBIS Assessment is a new premarital tool that asks questions about 2 dozen different relationship areas and is designed to help couples discuss their relationship in these areas. One of the newest tools in the field, BIM is glad to provide it as an option for couples.