Resources for Military and First Responder Spouses
This page is set up especially for those who were part of the Military Spouse Wellness Summit 2016…
Thanks for listening! I really hope you found something in the podcast encouraging and helpful. The following are seme selected resources discussed in the podcast (plus a few others) you might find valuable.
> Reading Together – My top recommendations for couples to read together. Remember, the goal isn’t to get to the end of the book, but to use the material in the book as a foundation for discussion.
Additional book mentioned in the podcast for improving sexual intimacy:
Restoring the Pleasure by Cliff & Joyce Penner
> Exploring Sexual Attitudes and Beliefs – This exercise should be completed alone first. Take some time to journal your answers and really think through them. Then, when both have finished, schedule a Working Date to follow the instructions and share with each other.
> Bonus Exercise – Sexual Communication – Since communicating about sex and sexuality is so critical, I put together a page and an exercise for couples. Have fun with it as you explore and create a language all your own.
> Advanced – Passionate Intimacy Workshop – For a real enrichment opportunity, attend one of our Passionate Intimacy Workshops. This Friday evening – Saturday workshop has been proven to help married couples enrich intimacy in their marriage.
> Recommended Resources
• Unfaithful: Hope and Healing After Infidelity by Gary & Mona Shriver (faith based)
• Secrets to Surviving Infidelity by Scott Haltzman
• After the Affair by Janis Spring
> Rebuilding Trust Video – Using the image of a “trust bucket”, Dr. Mike addresses rebuilding trust after a affair.
Check out our Passionate Intimacy Video Course
An online sexual enrichment course. Watch together (same location or different). Discuss and apply.
• If you are in Georgia, we’d love to meet with you. Give our office a call. We often do multiple sessions in a row for those who travel long distances to work with Dr. Mike.
• Attend a marriage intensive. I highly recommend the National Institute of Marriage 4-day intensive. This is a great program that facilitates the healing of many couples.
• Get a good referral. Talk to your chaplain or a local pastor asking them for a trusted referral. Keep hunting until you find someone who helps you. (These tips mght help.)