Julie Slattery from Authentic Intimacy interviewed Dr. Sytsma and co-author Shaunti Feldhahn about their new book Secrets of Sex and Marriage.
They begin with a brief discussion on the value of quality research in answering questions on marriage and sexuality before discussing some of the findings from their study.
- How often do married couples have sex?
- How much sex do husbands and wives desire?
- What are the different types of desire and who has what?
- How desire and initiation are different.
- The importance of communication in sexual satisfaction.
- The value of understanding what seduces us and our spouse.
- A quick look at resistant desire and sexless marriages.
- The importance of grief work in growing marital intimacy.
Listen to the Podcast Here
Explore Your Sexual Desire with Sex Therapy in Atlanta, GA
Learning to communicate about issues as sensitive as our sexual desire can be difficult. You don’t have to do it alone, as a sex therapist in Atlanta, GA can help facilitate this work. Get connected with sex therapy to help your relationship with these simple steps.
- Schedule your first therapy visit here.
- Begin sessions with a sex therapist.
- Start figuring out your dance as a couple!
Other Services at Building Intimate Marriages
We know that relationships require dedication outside of just your sex life. Besides sex therapy, Building Intimate Marriages provides other guidance for couples. We can do this with premarital counseling as well as marriage counseling. If you are looking for other relationship options, consider discernment counseling, affair counseling, and divorce counseling. Additionally, our team hosts intimacy workshops and seminars to nurture your relationships in a group setting, too. Your sex life is just as important as the other aspects of your relationship. Let the therapists at our Atlanta, GA area therapy practice help you start feeling closer in all aspects of your relationship.
Image by Alice Donovan Rouse via Unsplash